Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Teaching my kiddos!

Being a stay at home mom is the BEST job I've ever had.
I have to get to spend all day long with my kids.
Not only do I get to play with them all day, I get to teach them!
It is so fun when your kid catches on to what you've been trying to teach them.
When Chloie finally started to understand that each letter had a name and a sound there was no stopping her.
She is even reading two letter words. like "it" and "go" and knows that some letters make different sounds when you put them together like "et" and "st".
To say that I am proud of her is an understatement!
She completely amazes me!
This week we have been really working on colors. I've noticed that other kids her age know their colors really well (but most don't know their letters and sounds...) So I've been doing everything I can think of, from coloring poster boards, to play dough, to bath tub paint, to sidewalk paint. Just to get her playing with colors while naming them.
It seems to be working, she's getting most of them right. I don't think she's fully caught on yet but she will. :)

The sidewalk paint is a new thing we tried today.
Chloie LOVED it!
She told me what color she was painting with and every time I said "Yep that's right, Chloie!" when she would name a color correctly she would jump up and down and yell "I did it!!". :)
I could not love her more!





^Flour (or you can use corn starch) water and food coloring! Mix to paint like consistency^




With Eve we have been working on sitting up, using her tiny little leg muscles to bare weight, rolling, and we've been watching signing time (I'm sure I've mentioned how much I love signing time before) when big sis naps. I believe that even little babies need some form of exercise. It helps them get all those awful tummy bubbles out (which makes them loads happier) and wears them out so they sleep better at night. :) AND getting them moving helps them to be more independent, which I am a big fan of. (this is all MY opinion, of course. No need to agree) :)




I cannot even begin to tell you how much I LOVE being a mom and how much I adore my sweet little girls.
I am BEYOND lucky to have them!




1 comment:

  1. Love you and those cute girls. Being a mom is the best job in the world. :)

    ReplyDelete