Thursday, April 25, 2013

Almond Joy Inspired Macaroons!

Lately my favorite thing to do is get on pinterest or allrecipes.com and look at other peoples recipes. I've been baking a LOT lately and my new favorite cookie to make is the macaroon. They are amazing cookies.
Crunchy on the outside and soft  and chewy on the inside... just all around goodness. :)
So I've been looking at different ways to make them, change the flavor, or texture and I've come up with my own recipe using my favorite candy bar as my inspiration. (Almond Joy)

I've had to tweak the ratios on a few recipes a bit and I made sure I wasn't just copying someone else recipe. I've searched and haven't found the same one anywhere! :)

I was a little nervous making up my own recipe. I LOVE to bake but I usually just follow the instructions.
But let me just tell you that these cookies turned out WAY better then I was expecting and I am definitely going to be making them again! I have a few other recipes that I've been tinkering with that I want to test out first.. If they turn out half as good I'll be posting those recipes as well :)

Ingredients :

2 egg whites
1/2 tsp almond extract
3/4 cup sugar
1 Tbs cocoa
1 cup coconut flakes

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Beat egg whites and almond extract until fluffy. Add sugar and cocoa beat in high until stiff peaks form. Fold in coconut flakes. Drop onto greased cookie sheet by rounded teaspoon fulls.
Bake for 20 mins. :)

Super easy! :)

Here is what they should look like




No comments:

Post a Comment