Thursday, April 11, 2013

Spring Cleaning and Fun Eating!

So I may or may not be a little on the OCD side of things when it comes to my home. Which is why my laundry room has been giving me anxiety lately, IT WAS A DISASTER! So after Ben reorganized the basement and made room for things to be put away (the basement is FULL of his stuff so I avoid it, HA) I deep cleaned my laundry room! :) I cannot explain how amazing it feels to have the WHOLE house cleaned and organized! It is like my own little form of paradise... that is until my two year old goes turbo and destroys the house in ten seconds flat... Haha... the joys of motherhood. :)

Here are my before and afters... I am mortified by the before picture but the after picture isn't as great with out it... so I'll just embarrass myself for now...


Now onto food! I LOVE LOVE LOVE to cook. I'm better at baking but I'm learning...
So this last week I made Chloie some pizza rolls with marinara sauce... She DEVOURED them!

Here is what I did. It was SUPER EASY!

I Thawed and raised some Rhodes rolls then topped them with some pepperoni and shredded cheese. Heated the sauce and baked the rolls for 20 mins at 350.

 Then ENJOY!

Then last night I made a Steamed Artichoke, Ben had never had one before so it was fun to see him try it.

First off you need to cut about an inch of the top and cut the thorns off (kitchen shears are very helpful), then rub the cut ends with lemon to keep them from browning. Separate the leaves a bit then set the artichoke stem up in the steamer and steam for 25-30 mins.





Once it is done steaming let it cool then spread the leaves apart till you get to the "fuzzy" stuff. Scrape the fuzz off of the heart then you can either leave it open or cut the heart out like I did.

 Serve with Lemon butter!
If you've never eaten an artichoke before (like Ben) you pull the leaf off, dip it, and  scrape the "meat" off the side that was attached to the heart with your bottom teeth. It's one of my favorite foods ( that and Crab. Ben says I like dangerous food because Crab has claws and artichoke has thorns... he may be right...) haha.

Well that is all for today! Thanks for stopping by!








My Stick Family from WiddlyTinks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment