Friday, April 19, 2013

Oh Happy Day!

It's OVER!! No more exhausted hubby, no more making lunches, no more tempertantrums when daddy is not home, just NO MORE BOOT CAMP! Hooray!!!

I am so relieved that this experience is over. It was not the best for Ben, unfortunately. The BC over the training camp does NOT like my dad and he really put Ben through hell because of it. Sad, but that's the way it worked out.
At the graduation Ben did the pledge and recited the Fire Fighters Prayer, the other recruits picked him to do this (which was pretty surprising to the BC).
The ceremony was awesome. I really enjoyed the video they did of the recruits and I got to pin Ben's badge on (FINALLY part of the family! :) ).
After the graduation the recruits went out and took pictures as a group then we all just mingled for a bit. I made sure to talk to the BC that had it in for Ben before we left. I wish you could have seen the look on his face when I shook his hand, smiled, and sincerely (not sarcastically) THANKED him for the training camp and all his hard work. Told him it was a good experience for Ben (which is true he now fully understands fire dept. politics, ha) and (fudging the truth a bit) said Ben really enjoyed it.
I don't think he expected ANYONE from my family to say a word to him. He look shocked. I loved it. I just showed him that even though HE has a problem with my dad and treated my husband horribly, I could still be nice. Maybe, JUST MAYBE. He'll learn from my example. ;) or he'll feel like a complete Jackass. Either way works for me! :)
But anyways.
ITS OVER.
Ben had his first shift today. He is on C-platoon and working at Station #104 (which was my dad's station when Jayce was born{where he was a captain with the BC that doesn't like him ha!})
It almost seems unreal. He is actually a fire man and he is DONE with bootcamp. I'm afraid I'll wake up from this dream and have to make another lunch. ugh!
:) 
AM
SO
PROUD
OF 
MY
HUBBY!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment