Thursday, January 17, 2013

And so it Begins...

I've decided to start blog about our family as Ben goes through boot camp for the next 15 weeks and continuing on to our life with a full time fire fighter for a husband and daddy...
Since I grew up in a home with a paramedic /firefighter for a father, I KNOW it is going to make our lives... interesting... to say the least. :) But now it's my turn to experience what my mom has for the past 23 years and what my amazing sister-in-law has been experiencing for the past 6-7 years with my brother.

This is my way of keeping perspective and keeping myself together for the next 15 weeks. Plus... I'm hoping it will be fun to look back and read about how hard things seem now and to see how far we will have come as a family. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger... right? :)

Yesterday was Boot Camp Day 1.
Ben left at 5:30am to go meet up with a couple other guys to carpool to EOC. (I can honestly say that I have NO IDEA what EOC stands for... probably something obvious but I'll let my brother make me feel like an idiot when I ask him later :) ) He is not allowed to have phone with him while he is there and we have no idea when he will be home... I have the BC's and captains numbers to call if there is an emergency (BC is Battalion Chief {which is what my dad is now}).
He FINALLY came home just before 10pm and was EXHAUSTED.
They told us he would be tired but I did not expect to see him so completely worn out. They really put the recruits through hell.
But he still had home work to do, So I helped him memorize this firefighters quote... til midnight... then he gave Chloie, Eve, and I all kisses and passed out. :)

My day...
Less rough...
Cleaned the house. Entertained, fed, bathed, clothed, and cuddled our two little girls. Worked out til the girls started crying (yay).  Did Ben's laundry and made him lunches and dinners for the next 2 days and when he came home I went to the store to pick up a list of things he needed for the next day and helped him with homework. Then stayed up til 3 with Eve (she was not a happy baby last night), then was woken up at 430 by my hubby as he started getting ready for Day two of boot camp.
It's only been one day so far and I already miss being able to communicate with my hubby while he's gone and spending a few hours with him after work, also having the help with the girls at night so I can rest as well.

It's already pretty obvious that these next 15 weeks are going to be rough on our whole family... BUT it will be well worth it to have him doing what he loves and being home more often after boot camp ends. :)

1 comment:

  1. It's wonderful the love and support you give one another!!!

    ReplyDelete