Sunday, March 2, 2014

Mom life

Lately my days have been filled with kids. 
Kids who kiss and hug. 
Push and hit.
Snuggle and love. 
Bite and chase. 
Giggle and play. 
Scream and cry. 

My life is in constant motion and filled with emotion. 
From chasing kids and trying to stay fit to kissing "owies" and "disciplining" toddlers.. 
Chaos rules my home...
 But so does love. 

After every tantrum (whether from my child or not) there is a hug that fixes everything, or snack that cures the grumpies, or a toy that ends the fit. 

For every up there is a down.

And just when I think I've handled all I can, one of these littles decides to hold my hand. 

With that simple touch: my worn out body, my shakey hands, and my exhausted heart all light up again with a new found strength. 

I pick up toys, scrub the floor, run the errands, and do all the chores... 
I wipe tears and messy bums. 
I scare monsters away. 
I fill sippy cups and wipe up spills.
And, on occasion, I make diet coke runs! :)

At the end of the day I stand in the door way, watching as my tiny terrors sleep, and wish that everyday could be just like this one. 

So That tomorrow I can help them ask instead of scream. 
To give kisses instead of bite marks and bruises. 
To help eachother up instead of pushing eachother down
So That tomorrow when they fight I can teach them to love. 

But even more I want tomorrow to be just like today so they can teach me to let the laundry wait so we can play. 
To dance in the flour they sprinkled on the floors. 
To sing at the top of my lungs, whether I sound good or not.
To giggle at nothing. 
To nap on the floor. 
To just be happy with out doing all of the chores... 

Today was a mess. 
And I hope tomorrow is too! 

~~~~~love

1 comment: