Thursday, June 12, 2014

Check ups!

We had Evelynne's 18 month appointment this week and it was quite the event... 
Now, I'm used to a child who LOVES her doctor. Chloie and Dr Jopling have nice chats and are best buds at her checks up. She cried very little getting her immunizations and was immediately cheered up when they gave her a sticker. 
Evelynne on the other hand HATES going to the doctor. 
The minute we walk into the office she gets clingy.
She cried in the waiting room. 
She cried in the hallway. 
She screamed and clawed my arms when they tried to weigh her.
Then the doctor tried to listen to her heart... 
World ended. 

Then he tried to look in her ears...
Pure torture! 

Then came the vaccinations... 
I've never heard her scream like that. (Mind you this is not the first time she's had her immunizations) 
Then they tried to put bandaids on her owies... 
"No!!!!!!!! Mine ow!!! No!!!!" 
How dare they touch her owie! 
 Then the doctor tried to talk to me about her growth... 
"Nooooo!!! Mine mommy!!! Shhhhhh! Shhhh!!!!" 
So we gave up on talking and he just handed me the charts and said she was healthy. 
Then be said "must have gotten the drama queen gene from her dad's side of the family?"  And we laughed about how much she is my daughter. 
(He was my pediatrician growing up and saw me act pretty much the same way)

After the tragic event I took the girls to get some doughnuts and we sat on the grass outside the little bakery (Daylight Doughnuts) and enjoyed the quite time and our sprinkled doughnuts. 



2 comments:

  1. I love your storytelling style, Kelcey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I took Josh in for his Kindergarten immunizations, he thought he was Spiderman and tried to climb the walls to get away from the doctor. I was surprised at how far he actually made it up the wall....:)

    ReplyDelete