Saturday, June 28, 2014

5 years down :)

June 27th, 2009 I kneeled across an altar in the Salt Lake City LDS temple from a guy who had, with very few words, swept me off my feet and I became "mrs. Ben Andrus". 
Oh how so much can change in 5 short years. 
From being young and in love to being... A little less young and more devoted and more in love than I could have dreamed. 
Those two kids who knelt in that temple could not have begun to imagine where they'd be in 5 years. 
Two babies? No way!
A career change or two? Na! 
Fire academy, boot camp, engineer school all in less then 3 years while juggling jobs and two kids?! Yikes! 
Arguments? Temper tantrums? Potty training? Puppy raising? Selling our first home and buying a second? 
If you had asked me then if I could handle all of this I would have flat out said NO. I had plans. 
Oh, how god laughs when we make plans... 
5 years later. 
Two beautiful, happy, healthy little girls. 
A lovely home.
And a man by my side. who I KNOW, without a shadow of a doubt, will always be there. Supporting his family, loving his wife, & treasuring our kids. 
5 years ago I was in love. 
Today I am head over heels in love, 
With out a doubt in my mind that I chose the right man to love and grow with. 
Happy anniversary Ben! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment