Thursday, May 9, 2013

Evelynne's Baby Blessing

We had scheduled Eve's blessing for the 5th of May and were planning on having the whole family there. Then my Grandpa Fowlks got his diagnosis of AML (Acute Myeloid Leukemia) on the 2nd and we thought that he would be starting the same type of Chemotherapy that Karen had (seeing as it was the exact same diagnosis) on the 4th of May. So, I threw Eve's blessing together last minute on May 3rd and only invited a few family members so that my Grandpa could be there.
Turns out that his treatment is going to be a little different (Because of his age and a few other factors, this treatment will not be able to cure him it will only give us more time with him) and we could have waited a bit. Oh well. I for one really needed something GOOD in all the BAD that had taken place last week. So we blessed her at my parents house and it was BEAUTIFUL and just what I needed. :)

I only took a few pictures... which is not normal for me so I apologize... 



 Rissi Roo, Hadlee, Aunt Shonnie and My grandpa Christensen. (Aka Grumpy Gramps!)
 My mom, Rylee, and Aunt Kerryne.

My grandma Christensen and Eve.

And of Course this guy^ Love my Grandpa Fowlks!:)


Thank you to all who came! I REALLY appreciated all of your support that day. You were all exactly what I needed. :) ... And sleep... I needed sleep. :) 



On a side note, I am officially on the National Bone Marrow Donation Registry. Leukemia has affected a few too many people that I know (my grandpa, my best friends mom, my sister-in-laws nephew, and my great uncle) and I have been unable to help them so I have chosen to register and hopefully donate to help save someone else's loved one.

No comments:

Post a Comment