Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Perspective

Today I was a referee, a shaufer, a maid, a cook, a search engine (I'll explain later), a doctor, a cheerleader, and an entertainer. 

I'm a mom. 

I spend my days dealing with the horrors of potty training (poop covered everything), making snacks every hour (my kids are grazers), sending screaming-yelling-hitting-pinching-hair pulling little girls to their separate corners, answering a million questions (and when I don't know the answer I'm told to find it= human search engine), I fix all the owies, I cheer for all the little successes, and I dance around my house like a psycho just to make little people giggle. 

-- 

Some days are quiet. Some days are LOUD!! 
Some days Donatello and princess Ana run my house and other days it's rupunzle and Arora. 

Some days are a whirl wind of chaos and tantrums. Some days are calm and snugly. 

Some days I feel alone. Isolated. 
Some days I feel overwhelmed and surrounded. Deperately in need of being alone. 

Some days my house is clean.... That's a lie, my house is always clean... Underneath all the toys and dress ups and sticky fingerprints... My house is clean.... 

But today.... Today was something more than all of those "some days". 
Today I was a mom. 
Today I was loved. 
Today I was kissed and hugged. 
Today I was needed. 
Today I was able to do everything. 
Today was messy. 
really messy. 
There were still tantrums and less then perfect behavior (from my kids and from me). 
Today I chose to appreciate all the imperfections. The poop painted bathroom was a learning experience for both child and mom. 
The tenth snack of the day meant we had enough food in our pantry. 
The ninja turtles and princess that rule our home mean my children have imaginations. 
The fights over toys give me an opportunity to teach them to share/take turns. 

It's all about perspective. 

I am dang lucky to be a mom. 
And I refuse to let this blessing become a burden. 














No comments:

Post a Comment